We just made it home from my parents house and wow what a fun time we had! Yummy, Yummy food and lots of fun goodies. We headed over there about noon and let the kids take a small nap while we finished cooking lunch. Once they woke up we had a
surprise waiting for all of us under the tree. Lots and lots of presents!! I picked out my 2 presents and boy was I excited to open them up. One was a board with our last name with all because two people fell in love written through it. I picked it out when my mom was going to Canton months ago for my hallway. For those of you who haven't seen my
hallway-its my work in progress. With 13' ceilings and the 6' or so width all of my furniture that I thought would go in there looks like doll furniture-so we're working on the walls. I wanted a family wall and this sign has been a must get since we moved in. I also needed a picture for my dining room and I got one of those too! I actually picked this one out too when my mom & I were standing in line at Garden Ridge. Its green with a little iron work on it. We're going to try and find some iron pieces to go on either side of it, and then I'll recover my chairs to match. Bobby got a couple different types of grilling thermometers and a stand for his firewood-(to go with the fire pit his parents gave him). Zach racked up!! He got a fireman hat, a cleaning cart (no not to become a janitor, Cecil, but
because he keeps trying to steel mine), a little people bus, demolition construction site,
weed eater, and an electric chainsaw. I'm sure there are many that I missed, but these are the ones I can see in the playroom from where I'm sitting. Zach,
Cade & Reid had such a fun day playing with all their toys. Tara & Matt got a
Wii so we had fun all playing this afternoon. And another super fun
surprise was cash-for many years now my parents have given us cash. Its not that we are getting cash, but it is the way they give it to us. Its been on our breakfast plate Christmas morning, its been thrown on us from the upstairs banister--in $1 bills none the less, hidden in the van waiting for us to go to grandma's-again in $1 bills-my parents are always very creative in how they give it to us. This year was no different--for as long as I can remember we've gotten life savor story books in our stockings. Well this year when we were all finished opening our presents my mom went into her room and said that she forgot to give us our life savor story books and hidden inside was our money! It's not ever the amount we get that makes it exciting--its the
surprise and excitement that comes along with the creative way we receive it.
Zach-showing off his new haircut (and his stomach)--but check out all the stockings on the fireplace behind him!

The tree with all the gifts

We stopped exchanging gifts between us a couple of years ago and instead adopt a family and just get stocking
stuffers between us. Can you tell where Tara likes to eat?

Tiffany shocked that Tara & Matt got a
Wii!!
Taleigh showing off her new rings & hat

Zach got a weed eater from Mimi & Pa

Look at Zach sitting at a big boy table all by himself.

Zach & Reid playing Can you tell that Zach (on the left) is 7 months older than Reid??

Mr Collins (Pepaw) drove over in his Model T. He just finished rebuilding it. Its in perfect condition! He took the boys for a ride-they thought they were so cool!
Tiffany, Taleigh & Zach

Oh-and before I forget to mention it-Bobby got me a iPhone for Christmas so now I am with the times! I didn't have an iPod, or even a phone that I could get emails on-and now I do. thank you, thank you! Now send me an email!
No comments:
Post a Comment