Yesterday Madison, Zach & I drove from Denver to
Pinedale, WY. The drive was beautiful.
Pinedale was very exciting. I think there were about 50 people in the whole town! We got to drive out to Bobby's rig and see his room. It was very classy!
LOL! Most of all we got to see his view-well partially. It was drizzling when we got there and the mountains were covered by the clouds, but even still you could see what a spectacular view he gets to enjoy the 14 days he's at work. No wonder he hates Houston! Unfortunately we couldn't take any pictures from the rig (a Shell rule) But I think it was a great experience for Madison. We headed into town and ate at a
cajun restaurant for dinner-it was very good. A couple from Louisiana came up there and started the
restaurant-so it was authentic! Today we woke up-ate breakfast at a local diner-on a side note let me say that both places only had about 5 tables-and this was plenty! Much different than the
restaurants in Cypress. We then drove to Jackson, WY-went to a couple of shops and then had lunch. From there we headed to our Hotel. We're actually staying in a cabin in Grand
Teton National park right off of Jackson Lake. Madison saw her first wild animal of this trip-a baby moose. We didn't stay around long (just long enough to take a picture) we didn't want the mama to come back while we were there. We also saw a heard of buffalo. We checked into our hotel and the view from the Lobby is SPECTACULAR!!! A perfect view of the
tetons. All I can say is Miller's--why would you leave such beautiful country?? Here are a few pictures-however, I must say the pictures don't do it justice-plus it was very overcast when I took most of these pictures.
Madison, Zach & Me in front of the antler arches in Jackson square

Bobby, Madison & Zach

Madison by a HUGE moose head-I'm not sure what she's doing in this picture, but it sure is funny!
Madison in front of the Grand Teton sign
The View
Madison in front if Snake River and the tetons
The buffalo
Look in the middle of the picture for the baby moose
our view from the Hotel Lobby
another view...
Hopefully I'll get to post more tomorrow. We going to get out and see more of the
tetons-weather permitting
No comments:
Post a Comment