Monday, June 9, 2008

Vacation Day 11

Today we headed to Butte, MT to check out Tech. The area was beautiful-minus the hole on the edge of town from the mines. The view was really nice, the town was a typical small college town. The buildings were historic-the oldest building on campus was built in 1897. I say this making it sound that there were several buildings. I really think that my high school might have been bigger if you would have taken all the buildings and smooshed them together. It did put a little more into perspective why Bobby hates Houston. We might have seen 20 cars on the roads in town and there was only 1 walmart (a Super) in town. We ate lunch at a place called DeLaney's Vu Villa-this is a place that was the location of many of Bobby's stories-a favorite place for he and his friends to be. The pizza was really good. The place had changed a lot-it had new owners. Actually, the town had changed a lot as well. Several of the places where Bobby spent most of his time had closed down. We did get to see where he lived for $130 a month-bills included. It was a fancy place! I must say the view is spectacular here. I'm not sure I could handle the winters, but it would be a nice place to visit during the summer. Bobby says live-he would LOVE to retire here. Tomorrow we're getting up early and heading to Cody, WY to see Buffalo Bill's Museum and start our trek back to Denver.