Tuesday, July 22, 2008

a weeks worth of blogs...

Things have been a little crazy around here, and I haven't had a chance to blog--so here's what we've been up to

Tuesday night Bobby made fajitas for dinner and Tara, Matt, Cade, Reid, my parents & TJ came over for dinner to celebrate my birthday and for a little Wii fun. Zach had so much fun playing with Cade and his new bus. Zach also took his first step-I didn't see the first one, but he was walking from Tara to Bobby in the living room. He took another one so I could watch. He's taken a couple of single steps and won't be long until he's on the run!

Bobby putting Zach down for a nap
Happy 23rd :-) to me!
Cade & Zach playing with the bus
the naked boys-Zach was changing into his pjs so Cade thought he needed to be naked too
Zach taking a step
Wednesday Bobby had to go to work so I dropped him off at the airport and headed to the new house to see what progress had been made. My backsplash was finished with my pewter accent--I LOVE this! They also have started clearing the lot so they can landscape.

Friday I got to pick Madison up for the weekend. I picked her up and then headed over to Tara's so Madison could see Cade & Reid and so I could help watch the boys while Tara made a nursing cover, diaper cover & burp clothes for Jenny (Bobby's sister). Friday evening Tessa drove in for the weekend so we headed over there to see everyone and then went to Spring Creek BBQ for dinner, and then back over to my parents so Madison could spend some more time with my family (and Bertie the dog).

Madison wearing Cade's safety goggles

Madison was laying down watching Disney and Zach crawled up next to her--he missed his sister

The burp cloths Tara made-didn't she do good!

Madison & Bertie
Saturday Madison, Zach & I headed to Denver for Jenny's baby shower. We had a fun afternoon riding the 4 wheeler and getting to see Nana & Grandpa's new ranch (or house with a big yard). The house looks beautiful! I walked around the new house checking everything out with my camera on my shoulder and never took a picture--not sure what I was thinking, but you can check out Sheri & Cecil's blog to get updates.

Sunday we threw Jenny a baby shower. She got lots of cute goodies! Sami Lyn is set to make her arrival any day now, and when she arrives she will be the cutest dressed baby around! She even got her first fishing pole--sounds like she's ready for her first daddy-daughter day! After the shower we headed back to Nana & Grandpa's house for dinner. Jenny & Lance came over and we enjoyed just haning out and talking. Zach, like always, heads to the remote control when he sees it-well he had the remote and Madison tried to go over to him to get it back--he thought he could hide by laying on the floor next to the couch under Grandpa's legs. He did this several times-all thinking that we couldn't see him.
Jenny & Sami Lyn
Sheri & Jenny
Jenny & me-just think a year ago I was the one who was pregnant

Zach stayed home with Grandpa while the girls were at the shower-they went to McDonalds for lunch and played outside. Zach was crashed on the floor when we got home. Thanks Grandpa for watching Zach and letting us enjoy a girlie day!




Zach "hiding"

Jenny & Lance-2 1/2 more weeks
Zach riding in his car

Zach & Grandpa watching soccer

We flew back home Monday afternoon and headed to the Astro's game with my family. Although the Astro's lost the game it was a fun night.
Madison & me

Madison & Cade-check out that hair Cade!

Tara & Reid
Madison, Zach & me-yes Bobby we were those fans!

Tessa & Zach-check out that smile! I think I have seen a picture of Bobby as a baby with this same huge smile! You've got to love it!

Tessa, Taleigh, Madison & Zach (still smiling)

Taleigh & Zach
Today we headed out to the new house to see the progress. They have done a lot and it looks like it should be ready next week! We're hoping to close beginning of August in hopes to be unpacked and settled before school starts.
The landscaping was done yesterday

They were starting the hardwoods when we got there

The fireplace is done

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Great pictures!! I wish I could have been there. I love your backsplash!!!