Madison and Zach were very excited to start school today. Last night we tore off the ring of paper from the countdown calendar to confirm the day had finally come-THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!! To be very honest with you, last night didn't feel like the night before school. Well until 11:30 when Zach came in my room and said he couldn't go to sleep and needed to sleep in Daddy's spot. ;) It wasn't until this morning when I realized this year marks the beginning of an end-Madison is in 6th grade this year, and is in her 2nd and last year in Intermediate school. Zach is in his last year of pre-school. Katie will start Mom's Day out on Wednesday, and I'll be home alone-well until this new one is born, and all the sudden I became very sad. I'm not ready for this era to end. I'm so thankful for the fun we had this summer and the memories that we made-can't we just rewind (maybe with 20 degrees cooler temps.) and do it again. I'm not ready for my babies to start this chapter...
Madison, Katie & Zach showing the ring to their countdown calendar

Lunch boxes halfway packed

Backpacks and teacher gifts ready to go
I've never done this before, but loved the thought of it. A gift for the teacher on the first day of school. These were for Zach's teachers. A bucket of mints-the tag said-I'm so glad you were "mint" to be my teacher

These are for Madison's 4 teachers, a jar of starbursts. The tag read-This year is going to be BURSTING with fun!

I had everything laid out to make pancakes this morning, and I was off to bed

Madison was ready to go! She was excited and nervous all at the same time. She had no problem getting out of bed this morning. The chocolate chip pancakes didn't hurt either :)

Katie following Madison and Abby to the bus stop. Madison stopped to tell her bye, but she ended up following her all the way to the bus stop and was NOT happy when we had to go back home.

Zach was ready to go to school way early! He didn't want to stop to take a picture because he thought he would be late. He was ready to GO!
Zach putting his backpack and lunch kit in his cubby

And finally one quick smile-with the promise that I would send it to Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment