May 14th was our last day of Mom's Day Out. It was a bitter sweet day for me. I started teaching this last November and have really enjoyed the kids & my co-teacher. I've learned so much and have enjoyed every day! To celebrate the last day we have water day. The kids have a blast-well except for my son. I'm not sure why, but he just wanted me to hold him all day. But he sure did look cute!!
watching TV in Madison's room all ready to go to school
trying to decide if he should get in the pool or not
This last weekend Bobby, Zach & I headed to Denver for Bobby's brother Chris' graduation from CSU. Unfortunately, a horrible stomach bug was going through the house all weekend. Bobby, Zach & I were spared, but almost everyone else had it. Fortunately, everyone was well enough to watch Chris walk across the stage.
Zach showing Winnie the Pooh the airplane we were parked next to before take off
sorry it's a little dark, but this is Chris walking across the stage accepting his diploma (or at least the sleeve to put his diploma in that will be mailed at a later date)
Zach rode and played with his tractor all weekend long. Maybe this will be his will be on his birthday wish listThis week we had a landscaping company come in and put stone around our flower beds. They did a great job! I had to go buy a few more plants to fill in the gaps that were left from where they pulled the flower beds out to, but it was all worth it! Here is the end product. I'm done buying and planting flowers-well until the fall when all I'll need to do is replace the flowers everything else is there to stay!
Madison has also had swim lessons every day and is doing amazing!! She clocked the first time at 43 seconds and has already taken 10 seconds off her time. She has to be at 28 seconds to make the actual swim team. Secretly I'm super glad she hasn't gotten there yet because that would mean that we would have to be at the pool around 7am every Saturday for a meet and this weeks meet is about 30 minutes away!! Here is a video of her swimming--I so wish I would have taken a video of her during the first lesson. She would swim great until it was time to take a breath and then she would stop kicking and moving her arms. Now she swims the length of the pool without stopping!! I think the only the she needs to do is keep her fingers together and she would have it down!
Today I took Zach to get his hair cut-I wanted it shorter than we had been getting it cut, but didn't know exactly what the difference was between a level 2 and a level 3--well a level 1 is short for the sides and that is okay, but wow! a level 2 is WAY TOO SHORT for the top!! Oh-well. It's hair it will grow back (thankfully!)
Zach showing off his new ha-cut as he calls it
Friday was Movin' and Groovin' with Mom's at Madison's school. Which meant we all got up extra early to work out. We did a circuit training and did a couple of dances for a few songs. It was a lot of fun--and the most I've worked out in a while! Afterwards they fed us a snack for breakfast.
Sorry this is the only picture I took and Zach is eating a blueberry muffin

Friday was Movin' and Groovin' with Mom's at Madison's school. Which meant we all got up extra early to work out. We did a circuit training and did a couple of dances for a few songs. It was a lot of fun--and the most I've worked out in a while! Afterwards they fed us a snack for breakfast.
Sorry this is the only picture I took and Zach is eating a blueberry muffin
Saturday was my mom's birthday so we headed out to Wuenche Bro's in Old Town Spring for dinner. Afterwards we headed back to my parents house for cake and for Taleigh to surprise my mom by showing up for the weekend! It was very funny to watch her face when she heard the front door open and none of us run to see who it was. Needless to say my mom was very surprised!
Madison & Mimi
Mimi & Pa
Mimi with Cade, Madison, Reid & Zach
Mimi & Pa
Madison & Zach playing on the caboose



No comments:
Post a Comment