Sunday, February 1, 2009

A bunch of randomness

There is never a dull moment around our house. Madison is doing wonderful in school. She made the all A honor roll again for last 9 weeks. And got all 20 words right in her spell a thon test. Madison spends most of her free time playing with the neighbors, playing her DS, and American Girl Dolls. She has made lots of friends and normally is wanting to play the moment she gets home. We've had a little bit more of a challenge with homework this year. It is getting a little bit harder and taking a little bit longer. She will take the TAKS test this year-so they are trying to prepare her-although I know she will do amazingly well! She's so smart! Zach is full of life. He keeps us entertained and always on our toes. He is Bobby made over! Our biggest challenge with him lately has been him wanting to hammer everything! Walls, tables, cabinets, windows, Madison-you name it he thinks it needs to be hammered. He is starting to talk a lot more and his new thing is to hand me everything and say here you go. This can be anything from a toy to food he was eating that he decided he didn't want anymore. Oh the joys! Bobby is still working in Wyoming, and keeping busy around the house when he's home. He was a great help when I did Madison's room. We're still working on a few projects, but will hopefully get a chance to relax and just enjoy our new house this spring when the weather is nice! I'm sure he would like to take some time to play golf or just get away! I've been busy at Madison's school-I was the chairperson for the spell a thon & the school supplies-which has made my days pretty hectic. The spell a thon test was Friday, and I had to "grade" and pass out results to 600 tests. Fortunately, I have some wonderful friends that came up and helped me. I finished working on the school supplies on Monday and have found someone to take them over since Madison won't be at Broadway next year. I'm also teaching Mom's Day Out 2 days a week and am trying to decide on what to do for next year. I love teaching, but the drive is getting difficult. So we are going to start checking out a few places around here. I'm also trying to do a few things around the house. There always seems to be a project that I want to do--they just all take time. And with Zach around it takes triple the time. But they are so worth doing them when they are done.
Madison at the all A Honor Roll Breakfast
Zach making me something on his workbench. He's wearing his new Daddy's hunting buddy hat that he loves. thank you Nana



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for finally updating this thing!!! tell madison i'm so proud of her!! love you!

cecil and sheri said...

madison, congratulations on the A honor roll, way to go. congrats on the spell-a-thon being a success. that was a lot of hard work on Tosha's part. love the hat Zach
love nana and grandpa