Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school! This mama has been ready for this day for a while! I LOVE my kids, but they have been bored! It's too hot here to do anything outside so we've been cooped up in the house trying to make the best of it. BUT both Madison and Zach are like me in that we need a routine. We just function much better that way. So here's to a new year...

Madison my big FIFTH grader! Can't believe she is in Intermediate School!
Madison and Zach. He's in preschool this year 3 days a week!
Zach putting his lunch and backpack in his cubby

putting his name on the wall
Zach saying bye... not sure what this silly grin is about
Since the older kids were gone I figured I would start a project. Something I've wanted to do for a while!

This is the corner of JUNK!! This is where all the kids toys are kept and the mound keeps growing. So I've asked Bobby to build me some shelves to help with the clutter... He started cutting the wood a while back, but its been so hot that he just now started staining the brackets in the evening. Well I think the back brackets are ready to be installed. I want to paint my whole house so I figured before he puts up the shelves I should at least paint this section... I only had about an hour.
Katie wasn't quite sure what to do today... she played in her bouncy...
then she played on the floor and crashed! It was so quiet in the house!
What I finished today... hopefully will get to finish the room on Wednesday when Zach goes back to school.

1 comment:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Yay, for school! So happy that I wasn't the only momma ready for it to start. I was beginning to get a little worried about myself. HA! Where is Zach going to preschool?