Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike headed our way

Ike is showing that it is headed straight for us. Hopefully it will continue to stay at a Category 2-and will be a 1 or Tropical Storm by the time it makes it up the coast to our house. We are about 85 miles up 45 from Galveston. The only concers we are having are our large trees. Our backyard is full of very tall skinny trees. All of the ones on our actual property are oaks (I made the builder remove all of the pines off our lot), but there are several pine trees in the forest directly behind our lot. Also, the meteorologist keep saying when the storm hits to get in an interior room without windows-however our only option is our closet. The whole backside of our house is full of windows. And of course all of our bedrooms have windows. Hopefully being double paned will help withstand the wind force-we'll just pray that the wind doesn't pick up a pebble and launch it towards us! Bobby-being the professional at tying things down on a rig in the gulf tied our shed down in hopes that the doors wouldn't fling open and go flying. Also, Bobby is working for a WONDERFUL company. He left Tuesday evening to head back to work before the storm really looked like it was headed this way. Well Wednesday evening I was talking to him on the phone trying to figure out exactly what I needed to do to make sure the house was prepared, and he told me that he would be home Thursday evening-at first I thought he was joking. But Shell actually felt that he needed to come home to help get the house ready so they flew him home! Thank you, Thank you! He arrived home last night and we went to dinner to celebrate the selling of our old house, and then headed to Home Depot to get some rope and then we headed home. We woke up this morning and I headed for a quick trip to the grocery store (they were out of bread yesterday) and then we spent the rest of the morning moving things into the garage and tying things down. We are now officially ready.

**its not letting me post pictures, but I will post as soon as it lets me.

No comments: