Monday, May 10, 2010

We'll just start from here...

Because I can't get this to work properly you get the pictures first...

Sheri & Katie
Mom, Katie, me, Madison & Sheri

Our first family of 5 picture-on Katie's dedication

Mimi, Pa & Katie... Mimi made Katie's baby dedication dress which I LOVE!! How sweet to have this special dress handmade by her Mimi!!

Reid, Cade & Zach--CRAZY boys!!
Katie's baby dedication
Katie & Mimi having a serious conversation
Katie with her bunny... One Month old! Watch for pictures of Katie with her bunny every month and se how she's grown!

Apparently I've been a HORRIBLE blogger lately. I really have no big excuses except life here in the Colwell house has been BUSY!! With Holiday fun and getting things ready for our sweet Katie lady there just hasn't been any time left in the day to sit at the computer. So I'm going to let you know where we are.

Madison is doing amazingly well at school. She just finished taking the TAKS test-I know she did great. She started swim team the middle of April and had her first timed trial this last Saturday. She took a few seconds off of her freestyle, but added a few seconds on backstroke. Which is awesome since they had only worked on backstroke a few practices. I'm so proud of how far she's come in a year!! Madison is also an amazing sister. I know she is anxiously waiting for Katie to be big enough to wear their matching outfits!

Zach is finishing up he second year at Moms Day Out. He has learned so much this year. He recognizes his letters, colors and shapes. He LOVES trains, tractors, and anything sports. He loves playing ball with Bobby in the backyard, and I'm happy the weather is finally nice enough for them to play outside!! He is FULL of energy and LOVES Katie!! He is a very big helper and is surprisingly very helpful with her. I was very nervous before she was born that he was going to be so rough with her, but he's the complete opposite! They sit next to each other in the back seat of my Expedition and if she starts fussing he's there to tell her it's all right or to give her a paci or even a bottle! He's so sweet to her! I didn't realize this for a couple of weeks, but when they are in the car together he gently holds her hand or puts his hand on her carseat. Such a big protector!
Katie is growing like a weed! She turned 5 weeks old this last Saturday. She's starting to smile and coo-which I LOVE!! She's sleeping pretty good normally only getting up around 2 to eat. She loves being held which we don't doing at all! Like most babies she loves her swing and bouncy seat. This last Sunday we got the awesome privilege of having her baby dedication. This is a time that Bobby and I as parents promise to raise her in a Godly way. This is a sweet time for me-during the service they pray for us and ask for our family and the leaders of the church to come up and surround us. This symbolizes that we aren't alone. We have lots of people there to pray for us. How sweet it was to be surrounded by all of these Godly men & women. We are so blessed!
I have a million more pictures of things that have gone on in the last couple of months, and I'm sure a million more pictures to come... I'll work hard on keeping things up to date.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Glad you are back to blogging...have missed your updates. Katie is beautiful...the baby dedication gown was gorgeous!
What a special day for your family.